Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday treasures + a day at the football.

I missed out on sharing a treasure last week as it was so busy, but with a long weekend in Adelaide this weekend I have had some time to think about what treasures to share and take some photos.

This week I am showing  a new treasure to me, of an old item.  I found this old tray and stand and fell in love with it.  It needs some TLC that I will give it, as the nails are popping out and its quite loose, so I will pop a few nails and some glue into it to strengthen it, and give it a coat of wood oil.  I love the rustic look of it and the cute little hearts cut out on the sides. 




I think it looks pretty with my pot of carnations on top.

If you want to share in Tuesday treasures, visit Melody here to see what treasures are in store.

We have just got home from a weekend away, it was a long weekend in Adelaide (labour day) and DH and I also took a much needed Tuesday off as I had won a weekend a way at a hotel in the Adelaide Hills (Stirling),  after a relaxing breakky - we headed to Hanhdorf a small little German town in the Adelaide Hills.  Its been years since we had last visited here, but it all seemed pretty much the same as it always had.  I didn't take any pictures, but I did purchase this cute little Portuguese rooster from a gift shop. I have seen these in peoples homes, and have always wanted one - he is supposed to bring me luck, I think he is adorable.  He is now part of my rooster family.
On Monday, we went to a football game at the beautiful Adelaide oval.  It was the state or origin between SA and Victoria.  but the slow down version (retired footballers.)  We had a corporate invite and were invited to the after game mingle with the players so I got to meet one of my hero's Mark Ricciuto or the Roo as us South Australians fondly call him.  Incidentally, South Australia won the game by one point.

Me and the Roo

I love the view of the cathedral from the oval

the banner

after the game kick & catch for the kids

I also got to meet Dermot Brereton

3 comments:

  1. What a great tray, it should come up a treat. Love the rooster very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous treasures this week. The tray is fabulous and I love your rooster. I've got one too. I pat him every week and ask him to bring me the luck to win tattslotto - no luck so far I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tray, beautiful flowers, interesting rooster! WOW what a fun post... and then to see you with some handsome men... Yippee ! lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.