Sunday, October 23, 2011

Some more sewing done

I had a reasonably productive day in the sewing room today.

Firstly I made another 241 tote bag.  My step daughter Jess is having a stall at an upcoming market selling baby head bands , hair clips and hats etc and to see how they go I am going to give her a few of these to sell.  Like most quilters I often get asked if I sell my quilts and I dont, I make them with love to give to the people I love, as a lot of time goes into making one.  But I can whip one of these bags up in an hour or so.




Stay tuned to see if they sell.  I will probably only make 5, as if they dont sell they will become Christmas gifts.  Any suggestions on how much I should charge for a bag like this?

I have also managed to get the next 4 FWQA blocks done,  and here they are:

41. Frienship star

42. Fruit basket

43. Garden path

44. Gentlemans fancy

2 comments:

  1. The bag is lovely... hope they sell... someone said to me once double the cost of materials for a price...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag Sue. I am sure that they will be a hit. It is so hard to know what to charge because you can't really factor in your time so I usually work out what the materials cost and add half as much again but I know that doesn't really make much profit. Your "Farmer's Wife" blocks are so lovely. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.