Sunday, October 30, 2011

Planning for November

I find that I can get through my tasks much better when I have a list, and for a number of months now I have joined Melody in making a white rabbit list.

Here is my list for November, and I am already ahead of schedule completing both my Christmas and 12 inch swap blocks this weekend.  Later today I am off to the LQS to purchase some lovely bright fabrics for the carousel quilt that I making for my son and his wife's new baby (girl) due in December.  The come home to Adelaide (from Townsville) in February and I plan to give it to her then so I have a few months to get this project completed.

I have purchased a pack of Bella solids to use on the diamonds and small details, and I have plenty of white for the main panel, I just need to select some brights for the other strips.  Kat (baby's mum) is quite fond of purple, so I plan to make it quite purple, rather than pink with the borders.

Here is my list for the month

1. Make and send Christmas swap block - DONE
2. Make and send 12 inch swap block DONE
3. Make and send 6 inch swap blocks
4. Start carousel quilt 
5. Make 2 more bags for stall
6. Pin and quilt Henriette's whiskers quilt
7. Complete block 8 of the Adelaide floral sampler BOM
8. Complete 8 Farmers wives blocks
9. Piece top of Log cabin Christmas table runner
10. Do one more row of sashing strips on to FWQA blocks
11. Piece centre of red and blue star quilt

Lets see how far I get - no excuses this month a my sewing machine is home, and running well.  So hi ho hi ho, back to my sewing room I go ,
Note to self, lets make a cuppa first :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job, nice to see that 2 Items are already knocked off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with you list. Look forward to watching your carousel quilt progress. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.