Friday, October 28, 2011

Pin wheel quilt completed

My regular readers may remember my pin wheel mini tutorial here

Well now I have my sewing machine back I have been able to complete this quilt for my dear friend Rosemary.  I started with a charm square pack of Lilac Hill and used the complimenting fabric in the range for the two outer borders and binding.  The cream sashing was from my stash,


Here is a close up of the quilting.  I did loopy 3 leaf clovers on the pinwheels, waves in the sashes and large stipple on the outer border.

I Popped pin wheel cornerstones on each corner,
 corresponding with the four colours used in the centre of the quilt.
 I had to piece the back as I did not have quite enough fabric to fit,
so I used the same fabric a the peeper border with a pin wheel centre.

Its nice to tick another finish off the list.

3 comments:

  1. This is a VERY pretty quilt Sue!! I love the Lilac Hill range and reccon you did an absolutely beautiful job in showing off this gorgeous fabric range!! Well done on the completion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely, Sue - beautiful work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is gorgeous... you should be very HaPPy with it! Well done Sue! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.