Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TUESDAY TREASURES - Rosella's

As most of you may not know, I work in real estate as a Leasing Manager for a prominant SA Real Estate company, and my patch of turf is the Adelaide CBD and inner city suburbs.

In my day to day life, I dont often get to experience nature like a lot of my lucky bloggy friends because of this.  I only dream of a country lifestyle filled with dogs, cats and chooks, and am filled with awe at the photos some of my friends post of moose and bears - amazing.

But yesterday standing at an open inspection at the inner suburb of Walkerville, I had my own colourful brush with nature.  Outside of the property was a bottle brush tree in full bloom as it is spring, and there was a lot of commotion coming from this particular tree.

On closer inspection I spotted a good half dozen colourful Rosellas having their evening meal.  Lucky I had my camera on me for a few snaps and here they are:






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Sue. I love the way rosellas hang upside down to get to the bottlebrushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful to see them again. I love the bright colours of our rossies and lorrikets. I have started feeding mine again so I hope they remember me!
    Nice treasure story Sue. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rainbow lorrikeets. Fantastic photos Sue. They are like aerial performers and I could watch them for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful. I love rosellas too. Thank you so much for sharing them as part of Tuesday Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing - that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Brilliant photos. you have the most amazing animals in Australia. those birds are fantastic. Love their bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.