Wednesday, September 14, 2011

PIN WHEEL TUTORIAL

I have discovered a fabulous fun and SUPER EASY way to make perfect pinwheels every time, so I am sharing it with you all.


As my friends know I have a bit of a charm square fetish happening in my life right now, and this method uses charm squares, BRILLIANT

I am using two charm square packs for this quilt, as I want to make it a bit larger than a traditional lap size, but more of a throw over the sofa kind of quilt.

So, I have started with these two charm square packs


Chose one light value, and one dark value and place them face to face


Sew a 1/4 inch border around the inside edge of the two charm squares


Cut twice on the diagonal, and you will have 4 perfect quarter square triangles



Press the seams open, with the seam towards the dark side



Place them face up in a pin wheel design ready for stitching



Match the seams and butt them together and stitch the two quarters together,
and then the two halves together .

And there you have it - a PERFECT PINWHEEL.


Its so easy, you can make lots of pin wheels in no time at all

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sue... great tutorial.... I love pinwheels.. and I love those colours you have chosen...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous tutorial. I'll blog about it later in the week. Looks like I better add a pinwheel quilt to my To Do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sue,
    What a great post!
    Might I add...as you know
    I love the 'Pin-wheel squares'! :)
    I am so thrilled with my block!
    I posted it today...
    I love the colors on the post as well.
    Great job!
    Blessings~
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tutorial Sue. What a great way to make pinwheels that meet perfectly. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! thanks so much - so easy too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.