Thursday, September 22, 2011

My poor sewing machine is sick.

My sewing room looks like this...
Notice anything missing :(

You guessed it, my sewing machine.

Sewing last night it started making funny grinding sounds, so I cleaned it, just a bit of lint, nothing major
(I clean my machine quite regularly), oiled it, cleaned it again.  And still the labouring grinding noise.
So off to the Bernina retailer for them to take a look.  Only to be told its going to be 7-10 days before a technician can even look at it, and then they may need to order a part. 

Luckily, I had made my 6 inch block swaps, (below)

And this is how far I got on Rosemary's pin wheel quilt - I was sewing the borders on this when the noise started.


What can I do ?

 Lots of catching up on blogs, I can trace, cut out and iron onto vislofix the bits and pieces for my last block in the Henrietta's Whiskers quilt and my Michelle Hill Adelaide Floral Sampler - but that's as far as I can go.

I am certainly not going to get all of my white rabbit list done this month now.  Any one got a spare sewing machine I can borrow?

8 comments:

  1. You poor thing Sue. I'd be lost. Maybe you could have a go at hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I hope that it will not take that long!
    In the meantime, try to stay busy look at that list!
    I "LOVE" that pinwheel top! It is beautiful! Ahh... :)
    Have a good day~
    Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you... withdrawals... watch out for the shakes heheheh xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you will suffer withdrawals until your baby is back! Oh well.. now you can make PLANS!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh poor machine.... I get so lost without having the machine around.... hand stitching time???
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your sick machine.
    I could lend you my old one but am in Queensland.

    Meanwhile back to my 6in blocks for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nuisance Sue. It is awful when the sewing machine is out of action. Sounds like you have some preparation to go on with, so hope the mechanic gets to your Bernina soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel. my machine has been missing in action for 9 days now. I have got lots of hand stitching done. I also have given my sewing room a good spring clean and have all my major projects neatly sorted into a drawer for each one.
    Cheers Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.