Monday, September 12, 2011

Its a Hoot charm square quilt finished

I just love Moda precuts, they make it easy to piece together lap and cot quilts, and I have managed to get three of these made in recent months - all from charm square packs.

The most recent one is called its a Hoot and is going to be put away for my new little grandaughter who is due in December to come out of the hatching pot (grin).

Last night I finished stitching the binding, and managed to get the quilting done over the weekend.


I free motioned quilted around the birds that are on the border fabric with loops between them.



And did a simple in the ditch around each square section with a cross across the centre

I love the bright colours in this charm pack, its going to be a great tummy time floor quilt - or easy one to take to mothers  group or even use in the cot.

The pattern is from my three times the charm book, I love love love this book, and am sure there is more charms square quilts to come.

Below are the other two nursery quilts I have made using this pattern book, a pack of charm squares and some extra fabric from my stash.



Before I sign off for the night, I also want to say thank you to everyone that has posted a comment on my blog and sorry for not personally emailing you to say thanks.  Last week has been extremely busy for us on the home front and I just never got the chance to do this, and now time has passed it does not seem right.
But I love to read your comments, and share your friendship, even if I do not always find the time to reply to them.

Quilted hugs, Sue xxx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts Sue. I will try to buy that book as I just love your quilts and I have lots of charm squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful charm quilts! I need to look for that book, too. Have a couple of charm packs languishing in the closet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt Sue... and I agree the precuts are great...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts Sue , a great use of charm squares .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever, your quilts are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing them today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet quilt. I love the little birds.
    Most look out for that book it looks a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.