Saturday, September 10, 2011

First 7 Adelaide Floral sampler

I haven't blogged about this quilt for awhile, and to be honest I did go a bit stale on it, as the applique is quite fiddly and intricate.  But I am pleased to say that I completed block 7 this evening so I am up to date until my next block arrives in the mail in the next week or so.

As you can see, I have not put the edge scrolls on any since completing the first two, as a hint from the lovely ladies in the quilting shop.  Its much easier to line them all up when all of the centres are done as it will look quite odd if they don't line up properly.  And can you imagine how difficult it would be to unpick and reposition especially since they are fused before stitching.  So glad I got this hint before I advanced too far.  I also have not trimmed the last few down to size, will also do this in the completion stages. 

I cant wait to see how this looks when its all completed, I am going to have it as a wall hanging.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sue, that is a fabulous quilt you're gonna make. i could never make such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Should be spectacular when it's on your wall.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.