Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

This week is a simple love of mine - roosters.


I love all things country, which is probably why I love quilts so much, they put a country feel to a home.

I only have two roosters, one is a cast iron door stop that was given to me as a gift, the other is a blown glass rooser that I purchased at a market stall on a visit to Townsville, of all places.  Over time I will get more, but I dont want to get them for the sake of it.  They will have to have that certain something.

The first quilt I ever made was called Roostin roosters - read the journey of that quilt here

Want to play - hop on over to pay Melody a visit here and share your Tuesday treasures with us.

7 comments:

  1. I love your first quilt story Sue. The chookies are wonderful on it. A treasure in itself. Love your roosters and I agree when your collection grows from aquiring only the ones you love it's very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these lovely roosters. I love country style decorating too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roosters as well and really love country decorating, you have a lovely pair of roosters .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely roosters. I'm into country decor,yoo.
    Don't miss my blogiversary giveaway.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there Sue!
    I am your new partner for Sept...
    Christmas block swap~
    Thought I would stop & say hello & join on as a follower :)
    Nice to meet you - so to speak & I love roosters as well.
    Looking forward to our swap! :)
    Have a wonderful day~
    Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.