Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time to take a break - 10 FWQA blocks done

Whew, its been a mammoth week of making these adorable Farmers wives quiltalong blocks.

Here are the next 4

7 - Birds in the air

8 - Bouquet

9. Box

10. Bowtie

Here are the first 10 together, in the quilt they are placed on point like I have laid them out below, and they have sashing between them.  I have not decided on what colour I will use for the sashing, I think this will come to me as more blocks are made.  Of course I will also play around with them so they are all sewn together in a pleasing manner with an even distribution of colour.
So, 10 down and 101 more to go.  The group FWQA can be found here if you are thinking of joining in the fun.  There are 700 quilters from all over the world that have caught the bug.  You can see all of their lovely blocks on flickr.  I have now joined flickr and my name is of course quilted hugs (grin). I have also uploaded pics of all of the quilts I have made onto this site.

So, its time to take a break (from FWQA) for now, as look at the next two blocks I have to make


 EEKK .... Lots of little pieces.  I did find the birds in the air block the hardest so far, as that was lots of little triangles, but these ALL little triangles and squares.  Accurate cutting and accurate seams are called for.  The finished blocks are only 6 inches, so you can imagine how small these triangles are.

I think that I need to get back onto my other projects and come back to these in a week or so when I am nice and fresh.

Before I go, I have to show you a picture of Robbie, this is one spoilt rotten dog. I popped into my bedroom and he was snuggled up between the pillows looking very pleased with himself.

4 comments:

  1. Sue your blocks look great and how cute is Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are wonderful! Have fun with all of those tiny triangles and squares.
    Robbie looks quite pleased with himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous blocks. Little Robbie is so cute, he reminds me of my naughty little Matilda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job of your blocks. Don't know if I will ever start my DJ seeing those small pieces.
    He's one smart dog, snuggling up between the pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.