Thursday, August 11, 2011

A busy week

I have had a very busy sewing week - just the way I like it.

I have completed block 8 in the Henrietta's Whiskers free BOM.  I have not yet stitched the stems on the leaves but other than that its done.

And look what arrived in the post today




My lovely acorn backing fabric for the Henrietta's whiskers quilt from the Fat Quarter shop, as well as this bunch of delicious citrus coloured Fat Quarters that I purchased for my FWQA.  This is Sherri McConnell's bloggers choice bundle and the range is Summers House.  It reminds me of a big bowl of gelati - yum.

I could not hold out starting this quilt until they arrived, which is just as well as I have done the first 13 blocks.  My quilt is going to be primarily in these lovely summery colours with some pinks, and oranges, purples and reds thrown in.

Here are the next 3 blocks.

12. Broken Sugar bowl

13. Buckwheat

14. Butterfly at the Crossroads
I am not happy with block 14 as its a bit off with the shape, and I am not sure I like the green, so I may redo this one.  (using some of the new fabric instead).


4 comments:

  1. Great fabric for your blocks.... and lots of stitching... I do like your backing you found for Henrietta... perfect..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work ,Sue. Love your Henrietta block and your choice for backing is wonderful. Love the other fabrics too. I've only done 8 FWQAL blocks - hope to do a couple tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Henrietta block is wonderful and you have selected the perfect fabric for the backing!
    The FWQA blocks are beautiful and the new fabric you purchased will work up wonderfully into many of those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Henrietta block and your backing fabric is perfect.
    Love your new fabrics.
    Great blocks too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.