Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Need to get organised.

Today looked like this - wet, with a steady stream, of misty rain.  Not a good washing day but the bed sheets had to be done.

 Robbie decided that he wanted to make himself comfortable even before I could finish getting the doona cover on, or the pillowcases for that matter

Scrolling though some of the blogs I like to read, I found one that interested me greatly about folding fabric and if you take a look at my stash you can see why I need to take this advise.  Here is the link, so take a look for your self.  Doesnt it look great !!

I have material here.




more hereand then there is some here



My scraps (anything less than a fat 8 - off cuts etc, are all sorted and into colour co ordinated tubs.  But I also have a tub of Christmas FQ's, Civil war FQ's, Country style (checks and chooks), and 1930's FQ's.




My three trays of assorted Fat quarters live here: 


But look how messy my tray of Eye spy / novelty fat quarters has got- so that has to be sorted and some refolding is required.


SO......

My mission is to sort all of this out into an organised, neat fabric storage system, using the comic book cards mentioned in this post.  I have been online and ordered them so now to wait for them to arrive and the room will get a make over. I will pop some completed pics up so you can see the difference.

I also have a FINISH to show you,  Its the Christmas swag.

The pattern called for the 4 mini quilts to be strung along side of each others, but when visiting a quilting shop to stock up on supplies I noticed one they had done hung vertically.  The pattern is called catch a falling star so it was meant to be that they had a star hanger in stock in the right size.  So this is how it looks.






Now to tuck that one away for Chrissy time :)

I am also pleased to be on track with my June projects, I only have the Henrietta's whiskers block to make and the block 7 of the Adelaide floral sampler - with 2 weeks to go.

7 comments:

  1. Sue you Wall hanging looks fantastic,well done now i need to check out the blog on fabric folding,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall hanging is great... I do like how the fabric is all folded but I also have a laugh.. my stash is a little drawer... but it is amazing how quickly it manages to grow even though I am using from it!! Happy folding and don't forget to show us when it's all done...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue I organise and fold my stash all the time but it always gets in a mess. Good luck keeping it neat.
    Love your Christmas Swag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue... when you are finished there... can you come on over to my place? lol
    LoVe the Xmas hanging... so very cute!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the swag is great - and so much beautiful fabric!!! enjoy sorting it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas swag is beautiful Sue. I have just bought some pretty hatboxes and done some reorganization of my sewing room. The fabric was out of control!! Good luck with your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue i just went over to the link you had on your post what a great idea,could you please tell me where you ordered your cardboard from please i love the idea and it looks nice and tidy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.