Friday, July 22, 2011

FNSI - show and tell

Me = one satisfied and happy sewer.

I (almost) have the quilt top finished.  This pattern is called Fiona and it is in my 3 times the charm book.  Made using one pack of charm squares (these ones are Sumptuous- by Robyn Randolph), they feature soft pink, creams, blues and greens and the little blue sprig fabric used on the square in square blocks has been in my stash for some time waiting for the right day - and the right quilt.

The pink inner border is cute hydrangeas, also from the sumptuous range,  but the photos do not show this up very well.


Joanne, is a friend at work and she is expecting a baby girl in October so this will be a gift for her.  Jo is a girly girl - like yours truly so I am hoping she will like the fabric I have chosen. I will be putting a wider second border on the quilt using the same little blue sprig print that is used in the square in square blocks.
I will pop a pic of the completed quilt on here when its done.

So - a very productive FNSI don't you think !

6 comments:

  1. So pretty...... great use of a charm pack... and so nice to have a quilt named after me!!.... haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very girly and very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, lovely fabrics - love what you have done with them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i certainly do,and it is sooo pretty,well done Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours! Im sure your friend Will love it - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful friend you are to make such a beautiful quilt to give as a gift!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.