Sunday, July 24, 2011

Farmers Wife quilt along.

I have just joined this quiltalong. 
Amanda and Angela that are hosting this quiltalong here . Why dont you join up with us too.

I have just ordered my book, and also have ordered some contemporary fabric, as I too have decided to put a modern twist on this one.  The goal is to make a quilt from the  111 blocksfeatured in this book

 
They started the quilt along at the beginning of June (this year) and their goal is to make 2 blocks per month.  So I am 8 weeks or 16 blocks behind.  I will have to sit on my hands until my book and fabric arrives (at least I found the book on line from an Australian book shop), so that shouldnt take too long to reach my door.  

I will start up new page on this blog to show my progress, and I need to look into flicker stream so I can join in the fun and show off the blocks as I make them,
As if I have not got enough to do.

5 comments:

  1. Such fun... soooooo tempting....... but I will enjoy seeing yours...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that looks amazing! can't wait to see what yours looks like in more modern colours...very cool!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck Sue cant wait to see the blocks i might check this book out i see it everywhere in blog land,lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought this book for quilting club library. It is absolutely beautiful. You will enjoy it so much I am sure. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eyeing this book at my local quilt shop and I just can't do it... Good luck and I can't wait to see it when you have completed it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.