Sunday, July 3, 2011

Christmas in July- and Connor gets his new quilt

Why is it we seem to think about Christmas in July?

My guess is that in Australia, we celebrate Christmas in the midst of a hot summer and the Traditional Christmas fare is being overtaken by summer time foods like prawns and crayfish, sparkling wine and outdoor dining.

So in winter we can roast the turkey, dive into a hot pudding and drink warm eggnog like our Northern Hemisphere friends do at Christmas time.  Quite a few of us are having family and friend get together at this time of the year to enjoy each others company and dine on the traditional Christmas fare.

For me, July is a good time to start the Christmas projects as it allows the right amount of time to plan and complete them.  So for me, July is going to be about planning for Christmas - on the quilting front.

So my to do list for July has a Christmas theme:

First I have to make my Christmas block swap partner  her post and rail block.  I have recently taken delivery on this lovely pile of Christmas fat quarters to dive into.



I purchased this cute Christmas swap pattern a few months ago and plan to make a start on this using the new Christmas fat quarters of course.


I also am planning to use some of the 12 inch blocks received in my Christmas block swap to make a Christmas table runner


On the non Christmas front I have to complete block 5 and 6 of Michelle Hills Adelaide flower sampler.  This is the only item I did not get to in June, so now I have 2 to complete before block 7 arrives later this month. 

I also am itching to start on the William Morris silk cushions, but that may have to be an August project.  The other BOM that comes out this week is block 7 of Henriettas Whiskers so that goes on the list too.


And lastly, but never least - here is Connor trying out his new quilt that I completed for him last month



3 comments:

  1. love the xmas fabrics Sue and lovely blocks and i love the picture of Conner on his new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.. you know what I think of Christmas fabric and "In July".. p-e-r-f-e-c-t !
    Love Connor's quilt...looks so colourful and interesting for a little one! Nice work Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Fabrics.
    Wow Connor is already a big boy and your quilt is lovley.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.