Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thailand treasures

As most of you would know I am home safe, relaxed and sun tanned.

As always, Thailand is a mecca for shopping and the grand children and children were spoilt., but I did manage to pick up a few delights for me.

Firstly I did manage to get some lovely Thai silk to make some cushions with (see below).  Unbelievable at $10 per meter - I should have bought more but we were already overweight on baggage.

Thai silk

Pattern to be used with Thai silk

Pure silk scarf from Jim Thompson - he rescued the Thai silk trade after the war

I love the colours of the fruit

In Phuket

Some more scarves and costume jewellery (for me).


Lovely cashmere pashminas- gorgeous colours and so soft and warm


Cute litte Thai gift cards

DH and I on Phi Phi island



3 comments:

  1. glad you had a great time and boy love those silks,the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you have a great time relaxing and shopping, Pretty coloured silks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome home!!! great silk and great photos. hopefully the cold is not too shocking!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.