Friday, May 6, 2011

A busy week

What a busy week, and I feel like I actually accomplished a lot, even though I suffered an injury.  One thing I now know is wine and cutting fabric does not mix.  I was so excited in finishing block one of Henrietta's whiskers on Monday night, that on Tuesday night I set to work on block 2.

I had a nice glass of wine as I was cooking dinner, and another with dinner. Then off to the sewing room feeling relaxed.  A little too relaxed as it turns out as I slipped with the rotary cutter and took a nice slice of the side of my finger.  That put an end to cutting (or doing anything else) for the rest of the night.

Its still sore, but I managed to get the cutting and piecing done on Wednesday night, as well as the applique.  here is the block, I just need to finish off the stitchery. 



Thursday night, was Hubby's night for watching the Footy show on TV so I joined him and sewed the binding on the Shabby stars friendship quilt.  I absolutely love how this quilt has turned out it is so pretty and girly.  I have to admit I am a bit of a girly girl. 



And today, Mr postman delivered my lovely hot pad from T Neilson in New Zealand.  I am sorry, but there was no note in the package so I don't know who the lovely lady is that made this for me, but thank you. I love it.  I am a big fan of blue and white (I collect china), and love pin wheels, so this is perfect for me.


Well, I think that brings me up to date. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you joined in the ExChaNge Sue... and received a lovely hot pad. I'll let Toni know for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - lucky your cutter injury was minor -- a lesson learnt for us all! i LOVE the shabby stars quilt - absolutely gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, sorry I was so late in sending your parcel for the hotpad that I was in too much of a hurry to put in a note, I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased your finger is getting better.
    Love your block and the Quilt is lovley. Did you quilt it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that your finger is on the mend. And it doesn't look like you got any blood on the fabric either :)

    The block is adorable. And your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and your quilted hearts are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.