Thursday, April 28, 2011

My towel toppers


Here are the 2 towel toppers that I have
made for Charyl's Lets exchange swap.

This month you have to also include a no fail recipe so I have a few to choose from and ponder over the next few days.

I decided to do two different tops, both in a country theme as you can make two of these out of one hand towel.

Now I have never made these before so I googled some patterns and still did not see anything I really liked, I took a close look at the couple I have (that I cant wait to replace) that I have purchased at craft fairs many moons ago, and designed my own.

The first one was easy as I had a fat quarter of a country print, ideal for fussy cutting all cute bits and pieces and one section was a window looking out to quilts on a line, perfect for a quilting friend.  I finished it off with a cute red tea pot button.



The second towel has a quilted top, using an abstract chicken print I made a saw tooth star with a creamy beige check background and put a ric rac trim along the bottom. I didn't have any novelty buttons that matched this one so I used a timber look button.

They are not perfect, and if I ever have to make these again I know where I went wrong (and had to unpick )and can do better, but for my first attempt, without a pattern I am quite pleased with how they turned out.
I hope my partner thinks so too.

4 comments:

  1. They are lovely Sue.... you are well ahead.. those chooks are such fun...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your towels turned wonderul.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are more than OK they are fantastic.... your partner will LoVe them! Everyone LoVe gifts in the mail so you'll make someone's (??) day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your partner does like them very much and i cant wait to try the chicken recipe,thankyou Sue very much for being a great swap partner.
    big hugs Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.