Saturday, April 23, 2011

Loving charm squares

I recently purchased this lovely book titled 3 times the charm.. All of the patterns in here are by Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson, better knows as me and my sister designs.


There are 7 patterns, each made using 3 different charm square packs. 

I have quite a few charm squares tucked away in my stash, and today I decided to have a play around with one of them using a pattern in this book.  My daughters boss is expecting a baby girl in a few months so I made one that will be a gift for her baby.  I still have to put the borders on, quilt and bind it but thought I would show it off so far.

It looks quite simple, but in fact it was quite a challenge getting all of the strips lined up.  I will be using a border of one of the white prints that is featured in the charm pack.   The original pattern does not have the white (peeper) border around this centre panel but I wanted to frame it.
The name of the pattern (in the book) is Dora, but I have renamed my version baby windows.
The fabric I have used in my design is Lovely by Sandy Gervais for Moda.  Its lots of pretty sprigs of flowers, the charm pack also features some checks and stripes but I only used the florals as the quilt only needed 25 squares.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue... you did a GrEaT job on the quilt! love the fabric! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.