Friday, March 18, 2011

Something scrappy

Like most quilters I have scrap bins overflowing with remnants from previous quilting projects.

I try to be organised and have my strips into 2 bins, 2.5 inch ones, which consist of unused scraps from jelly rolls and quilt bindings.  The other bin contains 1 inch and 2 inch scraps as well as selvidges.










I often admire the array of scrappy quilts made by fellow quilters out of left over scraps and decided to start one of my own using the strip scraps.






I decided to make colour co ordinated block by sewing the strips together randomly.  I have trimmed these into 8 inch blocks.  This will be a WIP as I work through my scrap bins.

2 comments:

  1. That's putting your scraps to good use... although you now need another bin to store those...lol! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your on your way to creating a wonderful quilt! Great use of those scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.