Friday, March 4, 2011

Not so shabby

I have been fabric shopping, I get so carried away and want to buy it all.  I have decided the time has come to collate all of my shabby chic pink and green stars into a quilt, and was on the hunt for sashing, border and backing fabric.

So today I visited my favourite patchwork shop, Hettie's Patch,  Lorraine and the ladies are always so helpful and have a gorgeous array of fabrics to chose from.  I have gone for the ever popular roses in a strip for a border, an all over for a second border with a lovely soft green for the sashings, peeper border and binding and a very soft pink for the backing (it was in the half price bin and we all love a bargain).


Sadly, not all of the beautiful blocks that I have received will make it into this quilt, but they will be safely tucked away for a future one. 




Its not because I don't love them, so when you see the finished quilt please don't be disheartened if your block to me does not feature in it.

Here is a snapshot of the blocks



2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the quilt you will create with those wonderful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choses of fabrics to go with your swap blocks.The quilt will be beautiful when you stitch all the blocks together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.