Sunday, March 20, 2011

I have been a busy girl

Isn't it wonderful when you can have an indulgent day of sewing.  Lucky me didn't have to work this week end so thats exactly what I have been doing.

I have participated in the lovely Cheryll's

swap for heat pads and was lucky enough to have 2 swap partners, Terri who is a member of quilting block swaps Australia, and a new friend. Ruth from Illinois in the USA.



Terri was happy enough to receive a heat pad in any colours so I took the opportunity to use up some of my tea cup prints that I have been collecting matching it with some cherry print.  I reminds me of a cherry ripe chocolate bar.  I did  a simple quilt of a double cross.
My US swap partner Ruth requested her pad to be in browns and yellows and I decided on a Shoo fly centre in some lovely rich chocolate floral with a yellow and brown fan print to compliment this.  I did a fussy cut floral centre which I quilted around and then quilted Flowers on the side panels and in the ditch on the centre piece.

 
My other finish this weekend is the Bottom of the Garden quilt by Teddlywinks.  I first purchased this pattern about 2 years ago after seeing the pattern featured in a quilting magazine,  I started making it in anticipation of having a Grand daughter.

As followers of my blog would know we were blessed with  3 Grandsons, Mitchell in Dec 2009.  Leo in May 2010 and Jack in September 2010.  So the quilt got put on "ice" in favour of boy themed quilts.  Mitchell received little Maccas farm and both Leo and Jack received Noah's Ark.

Then the twins arrived in February and we have our little girl Paige so now I had someone to finish the quilt for.  The body of the quilt was put together and I had even quilted it.  The only finishing touches I had to make was the three dimensional folded flowers, which I finished last night.





7 comments:

  1. Very productive and I love the quilting you did also xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue your hot pads are fantastic! Your partners will be pleased! Then that beautiful quilt for a special little girl is just so pretty and sweet! A weekend of sewing well done. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hot pads are looking great. Lucky partner.
    Paige is going to love her quilt.It's so beautiful, love the soft colors and the
    3D flowers make it really awesome.Congratulations on your great work.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Sue, Just found your blog and it is just wonderful. The quilt that you have just finished with the attached folded flowers is just beautiful. I just fell in love with it and hope to find the pattern so that when it is my turn to be a grandma i may be able to make it as well. Once again it is just so beautiful.
    Hugs
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hot pads are wonderful. And your quilt is just precious. What a lucky grandbaby. I am your newest follower from Texas.
    Hugs,
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabrics you used for the heat pads.
    'Bottom of the Garden' is gorgeous ... especially love how the teddies peep out of the pots from behind the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue what a beautiful girls quilt for your lovely grand-daughter it is the prettiest i have ever seen.Well done with your hot pads they look terrific,i am sending mine of today.
    What a lovely blog you have i am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.