Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oops, I did it again..

Just when I made a promise to myself not to start any more projects until I had completed my UFO's I broke the promise.  I had to visit my LPS on the weekend (Patchwork by the Sea at Brighton) to pick up some fabrics for the planned nursery quilts for the twins, and saw a BOM that I had to join.


This one is a William Morris inspired quilt by Michelle Hill - The Adelaide Collection floral sampler.,  Quite appropraite as I live in Adelaide :).  I have always wanted to try one of her designs and this is all machine stitched applique.  The pattern comes in either a cream or a black back ground.  I decided on the black as the sample in the shop was made up in this colourway and it was stunning !

 I will post a pic of each block as I make them up, but for now here is the fabric pack and pic of block 1. 


Not sure why the pictures came out sideways :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! I look forward to seeing your first completed block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're forgiven.Such beautiful fabrics are real magnets to a quilter. I look foward to seeing your finished blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag... you're it Sue. I just gave you an award. Go visit my blog if you want to participate :)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.