Monday, January 3, 2011

HIP HIP HOORAY - one UFO to tick off the list

Keeping true to my New years quilting resolution I stitched the last stitch on the binding of this UFO last night.  This one started when Cathy (one of my swap group members) requested a block in a diseappearing 9 patch.  Researching how to make this block I came across a tutorial on YouTube on how to make a lap quilt using this block from a charm square pack.  As I had one from Natures Notebook sitting in my stash ready to go the journey began.

That was about 6 months ago and I struggled to find this range of fabrics to finish it off.  I managed to successfully bid on a pack of some fat quarters on eBay (probably paid too much but I had to have them), and a local quilt shop had limited stock left but enough to do the blue and yellow borders to make a lap quilt.  I decided to use up the FQ's in a log cabin design for the backing so its a 2 sided quilt.  I love the fresh yellow and blue and pretty floral designs in the fabric. 


I quilted it in free motion with all over hearts with large stipple in the final border.


2 comments:

  1. I agree - those blues and yellows look lovely together.... it's great double sided too...
    One UFO down.... I wonder how many to go??
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work.If you keep on this pace you'll run out of UFOs in just a little while. Love those colors.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.