Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Block 1 - Adelaide floral sampler

This block was more of a challenge than I expected, as I am an old hand at applique having done at least a dozen nursery style applique quilts.  But the detail on this was way beyond eyes on elephants. :)

I got the border a bit crooked, as the fusible webbing slipped when I was ironing it on, and couldn't peel it off without fraying the fabric (I tried), but hey, quilts are not meant to be perfect. 


The final result nonetheless is quite striking, even if I do say so myself

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Sue. Your work is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sue.... I can't see the crooked bit??? Lovely detail in it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eye sight is good and I can't see any bad bits!!! GOOD job !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very striking - amazing work - the quilt work look fantastic
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sue. This looks wonderful. It's going to be the most amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue floral thingy in the corner is too close to the edge compared to the others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is absolutely astonishing. I ca't see any faults.Congratulations on a very good work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.