Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Showing of some stitchery

Long before I was a quilter I was always a knitter and a stitcher.  I tended to prefer x stitch but have also made a couple of needlepoint cushions.  I have quite a few that are not framed, mainly due to the high cost of getting this done.  But they are safely tucked away for me to get out and admire from time to time.

Here are some of my best works:

Flowerpot cats - 1996

Le Caffe - 2001

Teddies - 2002

And here are the two needlepoint cusions I have finished, I have a WIP thats been sitting in my cupboard since I took up quilting, I never seem to get back to it now.




6 comments:

  1. I just LoVe the Teddy Bears.... they are AlWaYs so cute!!! Well Done Sue!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely... what a lot of little stitches... cafe scene is exquisite... one can only relax looking at it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful stitcheries Sue. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful indeed! lovely the densely stitched cross stitches particularly
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful work. Thank you so much for being part of Tuesday Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just beautiful. I have trouble with xstitch. If you have read my blog, you will see I bought one at a garage sale. Great Bargain, it said on the price tag $39.95 and I got it for $2. So far I have sorted the cottons, and am bracing myself to start, will take it with me when I go to Canberra this week as D1 is an excellent xstitcher. Great work I am so envious.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.