Friday, November 12, 2010

LAVENDER FRIDAY

Its that time of the week again, and this time its to share all things Lavender.  Its not a colour I have a lot of but here are a few snippets.

The first collage is my lavender (and purple) quilts or bits of quilts and some stitchery.  The snail trails quilt was made for my step daughter Nicole who loves all things purple.  It does not show in the photo but the border is a shiny lavender and I quilted large hearts around the edges and filled it in with bubbles, it looked very effective.


The Second collage is items from around home, other than the coral that I photographed when I did a snorkeling trip to the Great Barrier Reef in May.  The stone birds are something my Hubby and I collect, you may recall my orange parrot from Rio De Janiero. 
Well the purple one here on the green rock is from Thailand, and the parrot on the cut amethyst is from San Paulo in Brasil- I didnt realise until posting this that the image of the parrot has been cut off and you can only see the stone - never mind. DH was born in Sao Paulo


I am looking forward to visiting every body elses lavender.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue.
    Great to see your lovely photos. Great quilts and the snail trail is lovely. Love the embroidery too.
    Great stories for the stone birds. You must have a good collection with lots of memories.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue,

    Oh such lovely birght lavender pictures with plenty of memories attached to each. Love your patchwork quilts.Especially your owl one. Have a great weekend.

    Happy Colourful Friday.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww the owl is a hoot (sorry) !!!!
    I love your around the house ensemble. The coral and birds are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pics Sue - Love the irises ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely collection of lavender...luv the little ceramic bird in the second mosiac.
    Cheers....Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilting and gotta love those snuggly looking slippers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.