Sunday, November 14, 2010

A day on the green with Crowded House

And it was a crowded house.  We were very fortunate to walk through the gate, through the A reserve section and set up camp one row from the front.  Most of the day was drizzly with a shower here and there but the rain stayed away for the main show and with some bopping I even managed to get warm and took my layers of clothing off :)

As expected Crowded House were a polished Act - right from the opening song Mean to Me.  Neill Finn is such a superb performer and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment.  Tears sprung to my eyes when they sang Dont dream its over ( I have picked this to be played at my funeral - when that day comes).

Peter Lehman winery is such a fabulous setting for a concert, a large grassy area offers a perfect amphitheatre with a ring of gum trees which is all surrounded by the lovely vines that make the wine we all enjoy.



The only regret is that the concert only lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes, much shorter than any concert I think I have been to before.






4 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS!!!! that looks just fantastic! glad you had a great time and got some grooving in
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you had a great time despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous - glad to hear you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am such a fan. Soooooo jealous but you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.