Saturday, October 9, 2010

Welcome to my sewing room

After seeing Crafty Pugs, new sewing room, I accepted her invitation to share my room with you all.

My room became available about 4 years ago when my son Jarrod fell in love with the lovely Katherine and they bought a house together and he moved out.  The very day I was helping them move I drove past a second hand store and a Horn sewing cabinet was for sale at the bargain price of $50.  I had an old Bernina that I had got for my 18th birthday (almost 30 years ago), and no quilting fabric.  I have since upgraded to the Bernina 440 QE with thanks to the Government stimulus payment

The following weekend was the Large quilting show that is held at the Showgrounds once per year so I went with a friend, bought a pack of country fat quarters and a pattern and made my first quilt - Roosting Roosters.

Here a few shots of how my room looks today.  I am just waiting on my daughters partner (who is a carpenter) to put some shelves up for me to store my growing stash of magazines.

Fabric stash all in colour co-ordinated boxes
Sewing reels and thank you cards




 

View from where I sit

Inside the robe my wadding and finished items ready for giving

Enter the room - design wall on left

Mags and buttons


7 comments:

  1. Oh so neat and tidy loks beautiful.Wish I had the same.lol...I love your work.. Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space, does it always look so neat? Love the idea for the cotton reels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very well organised. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I did a tidy up before I took the pics ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! love the design wall too! lovely creative space
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sue - I found your blog on my Monday morning blog foray. One of my bloggie friends mentioned she had joined your block swap - I have noted it but am not joining just yet - but I thought I would come over to your site and have a look......... some really lovely quilts you have made - I did the Noahs ark too but changed the middle block to some NZ animals (since widget is part kiwi!)
    Lovely to meet you bloggily
    Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to meet you too Fiona, Hopefully you will join us one day soon. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.