Friday, October 15, 2010

Results of my first Friday night sew in....









Thank goodness for DH organising dinner and Foxtel for screening Scarface (for the millionth time), as this left me with a blissful evening in my sewing room



I have to confess I got to work early as I started around 5pm, but I am so pleased to have had an indulgent night of sewing, hot chocolate and marshmallows (DH bought them for me).

Not only did I manage to get Mrs Perkins completed, I also managed 2 pin cushions and one scissor keep thanks to Cheryll's inspirational afternoon making these. 

7 comments:

  1. Such nice accomplishments... Mrs. Perkins is such a delight! Hope you had a good lay-in the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I adopt Mrs Perkins? she is just wonderful. Friday nites are our "sloth" nites. No cooking, only handsewing etc. How lucky you had the marshmallows and hot choc to sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can email you Mrs Perkins pattern if you would like to make her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs P is PeRfEcT. How cute! GREAT colour choice too. PeRfEcT again.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very cute.. does she have a home to go to or are you keeping her xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue I would love the pattern. then maybe I can have a Mrs Perkins of my own. I think I will call her "Great Granny Waterhouse" after the country lane near me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will keep Mrs Perkins, but I will very likley make a few friends that will go to others, the 2 pin cusions will be small gifts. I will be keeping the scissor keep as I made this with some left over fabric that we used on Alex's quilt so its sentimental.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.