Sunday, October 31, 2010

A hoot of a day

What else can you do on a wintery Sunday in Adelaide?  Sew Owls of course.  I cant believe how cold and miserable the weather is for this time of the year.  So I decided to spend the entire day tucked away in my sewing room. With Kate Ceberano on the ipod I was all set.

First I made this cute Owl softie with a pattern I purchased from the lovely Robyn (visit her blog http://daisyquilts.blogspot.com/- she is the co ordinator of the fun colourful Fridays).

 Next I made an Owl themed block for Melody who is hoping to make a quilt of owl blocks, either pieced, appliqued or stitchery. (pic on the swap group blog).

When I got up from my chair for a stretch and to make a cuppa, my cat Josephine decided to nap in the warm spot I had left, so I could not resist a pic of her either. 


4 comments:

  1. The block you made for me is brilliant, and so is your owl. You are so clever. Cute kitty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I know so well - cats and quilting go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh The stuffed Owl and the block are so Cute!! I will have to order a pattern! I love happy little Owls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the owl - so gorgeous! owls seem to be all the rage now! what a 'hoot' (sorry about that!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.