Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Giannes jigsaw puzzle eye spy finished

Another UFO can be crossed off my list, (and another Christmas present).  I finally finished this eye spy quilt for my great neice Giaan.  I know I posted on the swap blog a pic of this quilt some months ago, but that was cheating as all I had done was peiced the top.  But last night the last stitch of the binding was sewed so it is truly done. 

Now I need to set to work to make another one for my other great neice (her cousin) Kai.  More posts to follow on that one.

7 comments:

  1. very very well done! i love the black outline of the pieces - how did you do that?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! Such a dramatic effect the outline gives. I would like to know what you used also..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pieces are outlined using standard black bias binding. Its a very easy quilt to make. you just cut squares and then stitch on the bump bits here and there to look like a puzzle then outline in the bias, its a bit fiddly but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very effective indeed! fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Sue! LOVE the colours! I'm a girly girl myself so it's right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work Sue!
    not sure what happened to my link to your blog, but I lost you there for a while. The last post I read from you was 4th september with the tote bag, I just figured you were REALLY busy ;-)
    hope you are feeling better now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started to collect fabric for this quilt...have to wait for a grandchild though... so I WiLL have enough one day.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.